Forbidden Access: New XAMPP security concept
XAMPP is a free and open-source cross-platform web server solution stack package developed by Apache Friends, consisting mainly of the Apache HTTP Server, MariaDB database, and interpreters for scripts written in the PHP and Perl programming languages.
Have you installed the XAMPP on your local machine & facing this issue.
Access Forbidden New Xampp Security Concept
Following are the steps to fix this issue:
- Open the XAMPP application & mount the volume
- Open the finder to access the XAMPP directory
- Go to this path /lampp/etc/extra/httpd-xampp.conf & open the httpd-xampp.conf file
- Configure the file to resolve this error
- Save the file & Restart the services
Open the XAMPP application & mount the volume
Open the finder to access XAMPP directory
Open Httpd-xampp.conf file
Configure the Httpd.conf file to resolve this issue
Once you have opened the file, see the highlighted part in the above screenshot. You have to do modifications in that section
- Comment out the line 13: LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so
- Add the following two lines below line 19:
- Order allow,deny
- Allow from all
Restart the XAMPP Application
Once they are green again, go to the IP address & click on the PHPMYADMIN.
We hope this article helped you. Feel free to contact us if you need any help regarding this topic.
Do let us know the topics you want us to cover in the comment section or reach out to us with your queries by clicking the contact form below.